You are currently browsing the monthly archive for June 2014.
This weekend we ran a small project to brighten up the meeting room in the Mechanics institute. Volunteers dug out some archive material regarding the saving of the building in the 1980s. We found a set of A3 prints which we framed and put up on a blank wall.
“We would like your help to deliver leaflets to every household in Marsden to promote and seek feedback on the work we are doing towards transferring Marsden Mechanics to community ownership.
We meet at Marsden Mechanics at 10am on Saturday 7 June to divide up the leaflets and deliver them to all parts of Marsden. There are over 2000 leaflets to deliver so we need as many volunteers as possible to get the job done quickly, please.
Meet at 8pm at the Liberal club. The meeting will last 1 to 2 hours. All are welcome.
- Erection of notice boards now we have partial funding from the Cuckoo’s Nest.
- Moving the Christmas Lights to Kirklees for annual testing.
- Taking down the Christmas lights on the lampposts on Peel street.
- Securing the broken panels on the storage garage
- Progress on the replacement garage
- Insurance Renewal
- Ownership of the MCA Office in the Mechanics
- Mechanics Hall asset transfer